Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cody Wales- Introduction

My name is Cody Wales and i am completing my internship with the Burlington Bees in Burlington, Iowa. I am completing my internship in Sports Turf Management. During my time in Burlington i am going to be helping out with the Head Groundskeeper, T.J. Brewer. In the process of completing this internship i am responsible for maintaining the field at Community Field. This includes: mowing the infield and outfield, edging the grass, painting foul lines, pre game and post game set up, and anything else that needs to be done to get the field in proper shape for game days. I have already completed 7 weeks of my internship and am just now beginning to work on my special project which is an irrigation audit. An irrigation audit is going to consist of gather information to report how much water the organization uses throughout one full season just on sprinklers and watering the field. I have enjoyed most of my time here and excited to see where the rest of the summer takes me.


Thanks,
Cody Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment