Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WEEK 10 - Edie Foley - MWR

Edie Foley
August 10, 2011 – Wednesday
MWR
I have to say, this has probably been the most painful (physically) day I’ve experienced. Came in at 7am with an aching back because of the cortisone shot along with 2 other shots I got in my back yesterday. I can hardly move so it’s been a rough day at work. Instead of doing Stroller Rollers this morning, I was needed to help running the front desk in the Fitness Center, so I did this until 11am. After helping out in the gym, I took my lunch then had some small projects that my boss, Greg, needed me to do for him. I had to call around to local fitness centers getting their prices of memberships, fitness classes, etc. and compare them with what our fitness centers offer. He had me do this because we are needed to raise our prices on things but don’t want to go too high, just below the average pricing. Once this was done, I had to make a survey sheet for the patrons in the Fitness Center to pass out and have them fill out the pros and cons of the fitness center. This will help better more, on target, points in the fitness center. Once this was done, I was never more happy to leave because my back had been in shooting pain all morning.

Edie Foley
August 11, 2011 – Thursday
MWR
Today I came in at 12 because I instruct an Interval Class of walking and running for patrons and dependants. Today I didn’t have anyone apparently because school is starting back up so my boss said that the attendance level of classes will be slim to none. So instead, I started working on some assignments I had to do for both Nancy and Greg, my bosses. Some of the assignments were organizing paperwork for the employees here at MWR, Redoing the bulletins in the cardio room, hang a poster in the stretch room, redo the bulletin board in Sam’s Fitness, print out fitness and health facts for the bulletin in Sam’s Fitness, Label all the stretch mats “MWR” and stretch balls, and other small things. The biggest thing I had to do was the bulletin but it was my most favorite. It was the hardest to do because I work the hardest on it making sure the information I applied to the wall were good facts for the participants of the gym and which facts would be more beneficial to the atmosphere. These assignments took me all night until I got off work at 9pm to do, which I actually didn’t even get to finish. Even though I was busy the whole time, I had fun doing it all.

Edie Foley
August 12, 2011 – Friday
MWR
Today I came in at 7am, as usual to get pre-pared for Stroller Rollers. Brittany, the main instructor, is back from her baby leave so it was a relief to see her back. I love to do the class but I didn’t get to see how she ran it before she left because she went into labor quicker than her due/expecting date. I liked her being there this morning because I was able to watch the kids better and give the moms a chance to work out instead of constantly checking on their child. After both these classes, I finished my assignments from the night before. Today I also worked on a couple other events I am doing and the outline so that I can show Nancy the main points of what I will be doing. I decided to do another Fitness Challenge Obstacle because a lot of patrons and requesting me to do another, a dog –n- costume 5k, and a bike 5k. I’m really excited about how these will turn out! After planning outlines for all these events, I also was asked to go through unloading the new stretch mats and labeling then along with splitting them up into each cardio/stretch room. I then had to work on a Survey for the fitness gym that my boss Greg is wanting me to do so I was able to put one together before I left work today but needing to review it before I let him go over it so I thought, Monday, would be a good day to do that along with other small assignments I’m needing to finish. It’s been a long week so I’m ready for the weekend!

Edie Foley
August 15, 2011 – Monday
MWR
This morning I came in at 7am, as always again, getting ready for Stroller Rollers. I had a meeting with Nancy at 7:30am so we were able to review very quickly some of the events I am planning. We didn’t have time to go over everything so it was just the basics. Stroller Rollers was from 8-10:15am (2 classes) and that went fine just like last Friday. The parents seems to be very happy that I’m there helping watch the kids. They said it takes some stress off their shoulders to be able to workout more. This is part of my job, and I really love keeping the kids occupied. When I finished, I had forgot some stretch mats I didn’t mark along with the stretch balls that I had to label so I went and did this while I was free. I also relabeled all the sports equipment that is signed out of the front desk so people don’t mistake which equipment is ours and theirs. After doing all the labeling, I had finished the survey and reviewing it myself so I took it to Greg whom reviewed it and brought it back to be to do some changes, which weren’t bad but still was work. By the time I got done doing all of this, I was still able to have a little more free time to add on to my events or perfect them so it was nice to be able to sit in thinking mode and concentrate on what exactly I was wanting. It’s nice to be able to take time for myself every now and then rather than doing everything in fast motion.

Edie Foley
August 16, 2011 – Tuesday
MWR
This morning, as soon as I came into work at 7, we started loading the base pick up truck of water and weights for INDOC PT. It was just Riley and I this morning so I loaded everything up by myself besides a few exceptional small things Riley put in the truck. He’s really getting the advantage of making me do all his chores that he had to do before I came, but I’m going to be a sport and take it for what it is and not complain. It was a pretty easy morning at INDOC because the Nucs did the same workout just different set up half their time, then the rest of their PT time, they played a fitness game kind of like a mix between football and dodge ball called “Battle ball”. It got pretty intense so I had to doctor up a few Nucs this morning. Directly after INDOC, I had to put most the things back up then rush over to the East side fitness center because I was starting a Stroller Roller class for the Officer Housing wives. They seems to really love the class and I ran it like I would have any of the Stroller Rollers classes. It was meant to only be an hour but ran over because I was just getting to know everyone in the class and sharing information with them about fitness. Once I was done on the East Side, I had a Trainer meeting with my boss along with Riley to talk about events and anything new or changes that need to happen in the fitness field on base. These meetings last up to an hour so by the time I got out I only had an hour left of work. I spent that last hour doing small assignments from Greg in Sam’s gym along with research on fitness class prices so we can keep ours cheap enough for our patrons. There were a lot of small things to get done so I was ready to get off work when I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment