Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 10- Daron Morris: The Pines at Lindsey Wilson

Sunday- On Sunday I arrived at the course at 6:15 am, I quickly began to bring carts up to clean and line up in front of the Pro-shop. After I finished bringing the carts up I started preparing the pro-shop for the day. I cleaned the bathrooms and stocked paper. After the bathrooms were ready I set up the cash register and prepared it for the day. I opened the proshop at 7 am. HTen we instantley became busy. So once again it was a busy but great day at The Pines.
Monday- On Monday I arrived at the course at 1:30. Monday was a very busy morning so when I got to the course I began helping. Most of our carts were used and dirty, so I cleaned and lined them up in front of the pro-shop. after everything settled down it was back to the normal day of checking guest and members in to play
Tuesday- On Tuesday I arrived at the course around 1:30 Tuesday was a pretty slow day. i had a little resting time before I got really busy for our "Tuesday Night Scramble." We had a great turn out of 20 players. I split teams into 5 team of 4. Everyone enjoyed the scramble!
Wednesday- I arrived at the course at 11:30. Wednesday was a really hot day. We didn't have many players comeout till around 5 because of the heat. It was way too hot to golf today. Most of the players we had come out were our regular members who play daily. So overall today was very slow.
Thursday- On thursday I arrived at the course at 1:30. This morning wasn't very busy so when I got there I didnt have too much to do. I just made sure everything was clean and running smoothly. Later in the afternoon I started getting players out. It is really hot out this time of year, so most of our players wait till the late afternoons when its not so hot to come out and play.

Overall- I can't believe my internship is already over!!! These 10 weeks have went by super fast. I really enjoyed my experience here at The Pines at Lindsey Wilson. I learned many valuable lessons and many different tips to managing not just a golf course but a business in general. I really learned alot working with James. He is a great manger and he has taught me the most efficient but most effective ways to managing a golf course.

Thanks Dr. Day for allowing me the opportunity to complete my internship at The Pines, This was a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment