Friday, July 15, 2011

Zach Prichard-Week 8-Graceland Baptist Church

Week 8 was Tuesday through Tuesday July 5th-July 8th, Sorry I'm a little messed up on my posts, Ive been so busy with making contacts, and working with Karen. Don't let anyone ever tell you that it gets easier after college, I'd give anything to be able to go back to Lindsey after this summer. Any way, this past week there wasn't a whole lot of actual recreation stuff to be done, but there was a lot of work that needed to be done. I was given the excellent opportunity to mop not one but two gym floors, and I'm talking about big gym floors. Once I got done mopping the gym floors, I had to buff them with the buffer. This wasn't hard by any means, but it was very time consuming. You couldn't go very fast with the buffer, but you couldn't go too slow cause it would burn the floor. So it was very difficult to find the in between speed that was needed. All of this while still maintaining the fields for practices. This upcoming week will be the first baseball tournament at Graceland, it will be going on during the soccer evaluations, so I will be doing the baseball tournament and Karen will be running the soccer evaluations. Anyway, back to this week. This week was the hottest week in Indiana so far this summer, Monday was a nice and cool 115 degrees, and I had to be outside raking up grass that wasn't caught by the lawn mower, not fun... I had to work inside the equipment room again, and I believe, we finally got the entire equipment room all organized and taken care of. The only thing left to do in there now is label the shelves. Another part of last week was preparing for the equipment exchange program we will be running. Since another group is having a box in the front room of the auditorium, we can't have one there as well. So we are setting up dates for people to come by and bring stuff and pick stuff up. We will have a box available to drop stuff off at the office, and at the soccer evaluations. Also, since last week was the 4th of july weekend, there was plenty of cleanup on the baseball fields. People just don't seem to understand that the church is private property, and you can not trespass on our premisses. We had a break in at the concession stand, and apparently it was actually better than the previous times they have broken in. All the took was candy, so you automatically knew it was kids. They only took Skittles sours. There was about a $750 grill in there, but no money, and plenty of drinks. They kicked in the door, and smashed out the window. I was pretty upset, I mean who steals from a church? Karen said that in previous break ins they took the ketchup and mustard bottles and squirted them everywhere. I was very glad they didn't do that this time. Well that was about all the stuff that happened this past week. Ive already finished week 9, I'm a little messed up on my posts on when I've been turning them in. I just got paid for week 9, and next week the week of July 18th-22nd will be my last week, week 10. I'm gonna go ahead and post week 9 because I'm so confused. My last day is the 25th, so the week of the 18th-22nd will be my final post and I will post that on Monday the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment