Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Zach Prichard-Week 6-Graceland Baptist Church

Week 6 is a little bit of the same like last week. This week is Saturday-Saturday, June 25th-July 2nd. Well after just completing our Awards program we are setting up teams for All-Stars. We break down each age group into a single team that will represent Graceland at a few tournaments. Karen has agreed to pay for 1 tournament for each team, and we are going to host a tournament, so if the teams choose to play more than that than it will have to come out of their pockets. Karen has also agreed to pay $10.00 per kid as well, this will help pay for their hats, uniforms, and socks. Most of the teams are trying to get sponsors so they can get more gear, and better stuff. This week up and coming will be the first of the 3 tournaments Graceland will put on for All-Stars. I had to do more work this past week in the equipment room, which is never fun, because its hot in their, there isn't anything to look at and your back there all by yourself. This week I was finishing up airing up all the soccer balls, and then putting them into bags of 6 balls in each bag. There are 3 different sizes in which the kids will play with this year, size 5, 4, 3. We needed 6 bags of size 5's with 6 balls in each, and 10 bags of size 4 with 6 balls in each, and 6 bags of size 3 with 6 balls in each. The main reason for airing up all the balls now is because one, thats a lot of balls and they need time to deflate in case they are bad, and we need to see if we have enough balls, and if not we need to order them in the correct size. So I finished up airing up all the balls we had, and then calculate how many we were short. And then the worst part of the week happened, Karen wanted me to go up in the lift and start taping up the ceiling with the ceiling tape, and I wasn't too sure about that. The ceiling ranges from 25 ft to probably 40 ft. Now I'm not afraid of heights by any means, but what I am afraid of is incompetent equipment. I at least tried to go up in the lift, and the whole way up I'm sweating, and the lift is swaying back and forth. I got to the top and automatically told Karen that I couldn't do it, and I was sorry. She understood, and just said that I'll be the one to mop and buff the floors. If thats all I needed to do to get out of that then I'll gladly to it. Friday came along and You (Dr. Day) came to visit! The visit was great, it was great to see a familiar face again thats for sure. We sat in the office and talked about things, and then took her on a tour of the facilities, and then that was it. Since Monday was July 4th, my next post will be from Tuesday July 5th-July 12th. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment