Friday, July 8, 2011

Week 7 Matt Dooley SWS Mountain Guides

Week seven begins my special project week, along with the progression of learning from Dave.

For my special project at SWS Mountain Guides, I will be remodeling the bathroom. I enjoy laying tile, the best part for me about this special project is I will get to see something that goes from outdated to showroom quality in just a few days. SWS only has one bathroom and this bathroom is not the cleanest looking bathroom even when it is clean. At this current state on the bathroom there is a retro baby blue toilet, stained linoleum flooring, outdated facets, creaky flooring under the shower, and a terrible paint job inside. By remodeling this bathroom for my special project it will provide clients and staff a cleaner more modern feeling inside the building.

I will be in charge for my special project during the remodeling period by assisting in the demolition phase, and when the time comes to tiling the whole bathroom I will be the boss (as I am the only tile guy in the building), and will come up with all of the detailed tile designs. I am anticipating that this bathroom remodel will take 5 days total. I am anticipating that the demolition phase will only take one day, along with moving the plumbing around in the shower. Day two will consist of putting hardy backer on the walls and floor to begin laying tile down on the main floor surrounding the bathroom vanity and toilet. Day 3 of this special project will be tiling the shower and doing finishing details on tile work and grouting the floor in. Day 4 will be to finish grouting the shower in, install a new toilet, and put tile sealer on the floor while putting in a new bathroom vanity. Day 5 will be to put tile sealer in the shower and do bead molding
around the vanity to complete this special project.

The founder of SWS Tim Keating is supplying materials for this bathroom remodel. Tim is shopping around for the best deals on tile, vanities, toilets and everything needed to do this remodel as cheap as possible. Tim has already purchased a earth tone tile with a decorative strip to match. I will be supplying the tools in regards to the tile work. I have my own tile saw, tile circular saw, and multiple grouting tools to help me on this project. I am excited to do what I love to do in regards to tile work to give SWS a new and improved bathroom.

So far the bathroom is right on schedule and is looking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment