Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WEEK 7 - Edie Foley - MWR

Edie Foley
July 20, 2011 – Wednesday
MWR
Today I started off with writing a prescription for my 2nd Stroller Rollers class because I had to leave after the 1st one for a doctors apt. Even if I am gone, they still love to come in and see what challenge I’ve set up for that day for them to do. I did my 1st class and 2nd class different because there weren’t many in for the 1st class. I always have more at the 9:15am class because it is a later start. When I got back from the doctors at 12, I had participants of my event with questions so I spent about an hour calling and talking to a lot of Navy chiefs wanting to bring their unit in for me to train along with military personnel. I’m starting to really like working with the military because they are so respectful of everything you do for them. I started on another prescription after this because I have a Circuit Training class I instruct 2-3. Sometimes I have feedback from my clients/participants of what they would like to focus on more specifically so I use this as a learning session to do research on how to work that muscle the best. I had a good turn out in this class and wore myself to death. Sometimes I bit off more than I can chew when it comes to fitness because I do each workout with them. I left the last 30 mins of my class to questions and clean up. Some question I am asked are health related, I love this because it gets me motivated to do more research on the fitness and heath side of recreation.

Edie Foley
July 21, 2011 – Thursday
MWR
I came in at 9:30am instead of 12:30 because of the time I’m making up for going to the doctors yesterday. My boss wasn’t in this morning so I took the time to write up a prescription for the Teen INDOC (boot camp) I’ve started because I won’t be able to instruct them next Tuesday so their supervisor is going to use my prescription for them so they still get fitness in their day. Most of today is relaxing and writing prescriptions for next week. I also had to review things for my event that I am doing because I am going home for the weekend until Tuesday so when I get back I need to have everything ready to roll and set up on Thursday. I still have to get prizes that sponsors are paying for but my boss has the NAFF card to buy things with but is out of her office until next week sometime which is really making me nervous. Both my bosses won’t be back until next week so it’s put a lot of pressure on me to do everything alone without advice. Therefore, today I spent more time than I thought looking up prizes for my age groups for 1st and 2nd place which was much harder than I expected. It has to be fitness related, but I can’t go over $500 for each age group, gender, and place prize. Since I worked until 9pm, I took time to think of other events to host for base for at least each month. Some small some big but I like getting people involved and being involved myself. I also cleaned the building I’m in because 1st shift doesn’t do it so someone has to and I can’t stand looking at the mess. I always thought if you have two arms and two legs then there’s no reason not to do your job, but if I don’t do it no one will. This pretty much ended my day because cleaning everything in this building seems to take more than a day.


Edie Foley
July 22, 2011 – Friday
MWR

Today was a really short day for me because my boss is letting me go on a home visit for the weekend until Tuesday. The only thing I did this morning was get the prescriptions for the Stroller Rollers set up, and instruct the first class of Stroller Rollers. I was going to stay and instruct the 2nd class but the participants said for me to leave because they knew the prescription and would do it together. This was a blessing for me because 9 hours home is a long way to be driving so I was able to get a head start. Riley and other staff was around to help keep an eye on the class so I wasn’t worried about leaving them to the prescription itself. Since I have all my project plans set out and ready to go, I was able to leave without a lot of stress on my shoulders.

Edie Foley
July 25-26, 2011 – Monday & Tuesday
MWR

(HOME VISIT)

No comments:

Post a Comment