Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 8 - William Gates - Cycling/HWC

Cycling Week 8

Week 8 of my Cycling internship mainly involved focusing on the video projects. I worked with Travis Smith and Coach Grigsby to basically do a video tour of the campus and some of the college facilities. It was a fun experience, yet it made me nervous at the same time because I was the one on camera and I wanted to look good and to make sure that I did not sound like an idiot. Coach and Travis said that I did a fine job, but some of the outtakes for the video are going to be hilarious.

We also spent time video taping our race loop to show how beautiful the roads are around here. It was a pretty time consuming effort because of video camera issues and having to drive the car way below the speed limit, but it was neat to see the roads in a different perspective. It is going to be a great tool, when it is finished, to help potential athletes see what some of the roads are like here at Lindsey Wilson College.

One last part of the video project that I have to do is do a voice over for the race loop video to describe some of the areas - the climb inclines, mileage, etc.

I also spent some time developing a relationship with some more potential athletes from outside of the United States. Some of them are immediately trying to apply to Lindsey Wilson which is awesome!

--------------------
HWC Week 8

Week 8 of the internship at the Wellness Center included continuing to reach out to potential sponsors and donors. With the 5K and the end of the Flab2Fab Fitness challenge coming up rather rapidly, it is important to have some sort of prizes, although since both are free programs there is not a reason I HAVE to have prizes, but people like free things.

The fifth weight in for the Flab2Fab Fitness Challenge resulted in about 35 pounds lost. Compared to the 14 pounds from the previous week, I was exstatic. At the five week point, the group as a whole has lost over 300 pounds! There are still three weigh-ins left, so I am hoping the group can get another 100 pounds off, but as long as people are making changes in their lifestyle and they are satisfied with how their clothes fit, and such, I will be satisfied! The program is a success so far!

There were 12 people that came to the Couch-2-5K training day on Saturday, which was exciting. It was a perfect morning to hold a workout outside. I made them do interval training to elevate the heart rate, then recover, then raise it again, then recover. It was successful and everyone enjoyed the workout. Well, they at least enjoyed when it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment