Tuesday, June 7, 2011

week 1-austin tronzo-nccc

During the first week I was shown around the facility and each individual room. I was also taught a route to do everyday when entering into the building to start off the day. This included scheduling patients for the upcoming appointments, picking up medicine, checking messages and emails, and having a short meeting with the Executive Director about what is to go on during the week. I shortly realized that they wanted me to do a lot of independent work gathering information about the 5k run/walk and also contacting donors and sponsors for the race. The Executive Director, Bobbi, put me in charge of the event and gave me all the information from the event held the previous year. Even though this was a helpful basis, it was also the minimum of what was to happen this year. My job was to update the information and gather more sponsors in order to make a profit of $20,000 for the clinic. All this needed to be donations, and people signing up for the event being held in 3 months.
It was a lot of work but I dove right in, starting with an email to send to local businesses and doctors offices for donations. I also contacted donors and sponsors from last year’s event in order to see if they wanted to match or increase their donation.
I also started a brochure that was to inform businesses and community members about the event, and to see if they wanted to sign up. I then created a list of everything that I would be needing to do within the next ten weeks and created a timeline for when each task needed to be completed. I am mostly using Excel to create these check lists and also using it as a working document. When I have completed each task, I date the day of completion and at the end of the week I am to show Bobbi what I have completed and ask if there is anything else to be added. Even though I am new to the facility and office, I am completely responsible for this event, which is nerve racking but also exciting at the same time. Seems like all those program plans are paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment