Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 4- Daron Morris: The Pines at Lindsey Wilson

Week four was another great week at The Pines. I have continued to work the closing shift. Each day I have arrived at the course at 2 o' clock. I start out making sure everything is running smoothly. I then have to make sure all carts are washed and ready for use. Then i will continue to sign in players and record the tee sheet.
Monday was kind of a slow day, we did not have a lot of players out. On days like these i spend the majority of my time on my project and also if we have a tournament later in the week i also make plans for them as well.
Tuesday we had several players out throughout the day. I really enjoy tuesday's because at the end of the day around 5:30 we have our weekly "Tuesday night Scramble". I am normally managing the course by myself at this point. I really enjoy putting on these scrambles. We mostly havea lot of our members come out to play. We also have a few guest as well. So far the number of players have been pretty low due to the weather. This past tuesday we had our biggest turnout yet, with 16 players. Still not the amount we want but i think it will only get better as the summer goes on.
On Wednesday I worked the opening shift. I arrived at 6:15 and quickly began to get the carts washed and lined up. Once i have all the carts ready to go out, I open the Pro-Shop at 7 am. I had several players show up between 7 and 9am. Until around 1 o'clock i had another slow day.
Thursday-Off
Friday afternoon was a pretty busy afternoon. We had a Golf scramble for UK AG, this tournament started at 12:30. Once we got the tournament started it was a pretty easy day. Then once everyone was finishing. I had to collect all the score cards and figure out who got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. We had a tie for first, and i gave them the option of haveing a playoff on whole 1 or a score card playoff. They chose to have a playoff starting on whole #1. THis was a fun event and i enjoyed helping.
Saturday morning i arrived at the course at 6:15 and I began to get the carts washed and lined up. James has hired help for the weekend mornings. Alex helped me get carts ready for the day. The reason for more help on the weekends is because we normally have people showing up around 6:45 am. Therefore we have to get everything ready earlier then the normal weekdays.

Outside of my everyday work schedule, this week me and James focused a lot my project and getting the necessary materials ready for completing my project. We both went out and walked the entire course planning and figureing out where we should place each sign. This was somewhat exhausting, but very helping. I am really looking forward to take the next step in completing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment