Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 6-Daron Morris: The Pines at Lindsey Wilson

Sunday- I arrived at the golf course at 6:30 am. I quickly began to wash and line up carts in front of the pro-shop. wIth the weekends being our busiest times I have to make sure I get to the course early enough to get everything ready before 7 am. Once 7 o' clock rolle around I begin to let players out on the course to play. This sunday was like any other Sunday, we didnt have any special events or tournaments going on so we just had our normal everyday play going on.
Monday- I arrived at the course aroung 1:30, my shift starts at 2 pm. I arrive a few minutes early to make sure everything is running smoothly. Then once my shift starts I know everything is good to go. Monday was a slow day for The Pines. With it being slower than noraml i was able to plan more of my special project.
Tuesday- I arrived at the course around 1:45; my shift starts at 2 pm. business was a lot better today. Our Tuesday night scramble really helps bring players out to the course. So up until the scramble we had several players out. I had selected teams and was ready to annouce the teams when all of a sudden a storm came. We tried to wait to see if the storm would pass, but it never did so i ended up having to cancel the scramble.
Wednesday- I arrived at the course just before 12 pm; my shift began at 12, so i arrived with just enough time to get cought up with what was going on today. We had just a normal day of play. Wednesday was another day where i had a little time to work on my special project more.
Thursday- I arrived at the course around 11:30 to eat lunch at Mulligan's Resturant. If there is anyone who wants a nice relxing sit down place to eat with great food, you should come out to Mulligans Resturant, located behind the proshop at The Pines. On Thursday my shift began at 12 pm; we were pretty busy throughout the day. The closer we get to the weekend the more players we strat to have.
Overall week 6 was another great internship experience. I am almost ready to start my project. I cant wait to finish it and see how much it will benefit the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment