Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 4 - William Gates - Cycling/HWC

Cycling Week 4

It has been neat to see the relationships take place with the cycling admin and some of the other departments and sports. There has been cohesion with baseball, softball, and some of the other sports in trying to find the man-power to do some of the tasks since the majority of athletes are gone.

A potential athlete came to campus, so I showed him and his family around the campus, covering all of the really important facilities. I also started working on the facilities video that is part of my special project. I ran into some issues with that because of messing up and stumbling my words in the video, so I had to re-do a couple times, especially the facilities video of the Wellness Center because there is so much to show.

I've also continued to deal with potential and incoming athletes as well as returning athletes, trying to assist in making the team grow as a collective unit. It was a busy week, but manageable.

-------
HWC Week 4

The second weigh-in of the Flab2Fab Fitness Challenge was really exciting. We had 36 people end up continuing on with the program and the total amount of weight lost was over 130 pounds! Unfortunately, there were two people that gained weight - but that was by their doing, nothing I could control because I provided the tools and opportunities available for them.

Each day of the week I was working out with either small-groups or the whole, large group, so I was really busy with doing the workouts and then making sure the Couch-2-5K program was ready to go. June 11 was the first day of the Couch-2-5K program and we had 20 people show up - SUCCESS! I know there would have been more participants, but they were not able to make it to this workout, so they will be at the next workout.

One of the things that I have been dealing with is contacting potential sponsors to donate gear, money, or something towards prizes for the Flab2Fab Fitness Challenge and the Couch-2-5K Training Program and race. It has been somewhat of a challenge for me, but things are going well. It's great to be able to apply all these different things I have learned to two different internships.

No comments:

Post a Comment