Monday, June 20, 2011

week 4-austin tronzo-nccc

First I would like to inform everyone that creating a Facebook Fan page is a whole lot harder than one would think. After stating that, I would like to say this is what I spent most of my time doing the first few days of the week. Bobbi told me that they wanted to reach the public more and wanted help with their website. I have never worked on a website before but I tried to do what I could. After a few hours, I asked Bobbi if she had ever thought of creating a Facebook page in order to promote the clinic and reach more people with the promotion of events and activities. She told me that she had been approached by her husband to take on a Facebook page but said she had little to no time to complete it. Then she asked me if I wanted to accept the offer on creating a page. Even though I had never created a Fan Page before on Facebook, I thought it would be something that would promote the clinic and also easy for me to do. Well, was I wrong or what. The entire process of creating a page from scratch and posting it to the public was a whole lot harder then I ever thought it would be. I took a lot of the information from the brochure that had already been completed and added it to the site. I also uploaded pictures from previous events (5K and Art Auction). This way people can see what they events were about and they can also connect with the people in the photos.
Next we had promoted through our event that we would give the first 500 participants goodie bags and also free t-shirts. My job was to approach the tourism department with this idea and to see if I could get some bags, and things to place inside that would promote Bardstown and that they were willing to donate to the clinic. They agreed and I received 5oo bags and enough items to stuff each bag to the brim. My goal was to create a fun way of discovering each thing in the goodie bag, and that one item would lead to the next. I spent most of the day making a creative way to approach the goodie bag idea, and also stuffed all 500 bags. This wasn’t a hard job to do, just tedious. After stuffing all the bags, I then had to move all 500 to storage containers and place them in the stock room to be out of the way until the event. I then created thank you notes for all of the donors that had a part in the goodie bags. This was just a way of saying thank you for your generosity and for your donations to the clinic and to the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment