Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 3- Daron Morris: The Pines at Lindsey Wilson

After my third week as an intern at "The Pines at Lindsey Wilson," I am still continuing to learn more about running a business. Golf is my favorite sport to watch and play. I feel lucky to be able to work in this type of environment. I love the people as well as the atmosphere around the golf industry.

Week three consisted of the same work schedule as week two. I worked the closing shift everyday last week except for saturday. Working these hours over and over again really help me perfect my job. I am a quick learner, therefore I learn something new every single day. Whether it is learning how to manage time or satisfying a certain costumer. I really enjoy what I do here at The Pines, I think by the end of my intern I will be well prepared to manage a business.

To begin the closing shift I come in at 1:45. I arrive fifteen minutes early to make sure i am caught up on what is going on at the course each day. This really helps because if there is anything extra that needsto be done i can get it done or at least start on getting it done. Once 2 o' clock roles around I make sure all carts are cleaned and lined up outside te proshop. I make sure all drinks and snacks are stocked. After that I attend to other jobs that James needs me to do. For example, This week i had to make several phone calls to line up the Adair County High School scramble that we had Saturday.

One subject we really focused on, outside of our everyday jobs, was preparing for my summer project for The Pines. All of the plans have been set and we prepare to make a few purchases next week to get the project underway. I am really excited about this project. Im not going to reveal anything just yet, but as soon as we begin to work on my project I will explain it in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment