Monday, June 20, 2011

week 3-austin tronzo-nccc

As the weeks roll on the tasks keep getting more precise and strategic. There are many things that I have accomplished already, but my Director wanted me to pin point certain areas and “clean up” a lot of the documents that had been created. The brochures were printed this week and my goal was to drive around to the sponsor’s place of business, tell them who I was, and connected with them as the contact person for the Nelson County Community Clinic. I was to drop off several brochures to each sponsor and also hang posters that we had created for the event. Most people were ecstatic to have me come in because their organization name was on the brochure or poster and they wanted to get them up and out to the public. I also stopped at a few local places to try to pull in racers; this consisted of work out facilities, country clubs and any place in town that sells sporting equipment. After coming back to the office, I noticed that I had marked off a few tasks off my list, but for the ones I had marked off, I had just as many assigned for the following weeks. We have gotten large donations from a few local businesses, which made my week feel so much better. Medica, Flaget (the local hospital) and also Flaget’s employees each donated $5,000 to the event and to the clinic. This was a great improvement from the $50-$100 donations I had been receiving. I had informed Bobbi, and then had to improve the brochures to promote all of the sponsors. This took some time to find room on the brochure to enhance it, but I completed the task and couldn’t be more proud of it. I felt so lucky to have three huge sponsors come in and support the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment