Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week 5- Daron Morris: The Pines at Lindsey Wilson

Week 5- I cant believe im already half way through my internship. It has went by so fast! I really have enjoyed my time here at The Pines, and have already learned more than i thought i would. Running a business is no joke and especially a golf business. It is hard at times to make everyday a successful day with the economy being the way it is right now. I have always read and studied about how to be effective and efficient, but i can tell you from experience it is harder than it sounds. It is still possible though.
On monday of week 5 I came in at 12 pm and began to work my normal work day. Since mondays are our slow days James and I take advantage of our spare time by preparing more ideas for my course project. James then leaves me to managing the course by myself around 3 o'clock. I enjoy having the responsibility of managing the course by myself.
On Tuesday I again came in at 12 and start checking in players and taking care of proshop sales throughout the day. Around 5 o' clockI start having players comeing in to sign up for our tuesday night scramble. This past tuesday we had an average turnout of 12 players. We were a few players short from last week but it was still a fun experience. After they finish, I add up the scores and announce the winners.
Wednesday was a slow day, we had rain pretty much all day long. But it wasnt too bad. I had more time to work on my project.
Thursday- Off Day
Friday was another busy afternoon.We had a lot of players come out friday afternoon. It wasnt any surprize to me though. Friday afternoons on into the weekends are always busy. which is great for the golf course. There is not a whole lot of work that I have to do get done on fridays, I just have to make sure everything is running smoothly.
Saturday morning came early, again I arrived at work at 6:15 am. Me and Alex began to get the carts washed and lined up. Then from there on my job is to again make sure everything runs smoothly. When I say everything i mean everything. These are things like, CLeaning bathrooms, cleaning carts, sales in the proshop, cooking food, taking membership applications, and also signing players in on the tee sheet.
Week 5 was another great week out at The Pines.

No comments:

Post a Comment