Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 2- Daron Morris- The Pines at Lindsey Wilson

The second week of my internship at The Pines was a very busy week. We had great weather all week except for a few pop-up thunder storms. So of course everyone wanted to get out and play some golf. Like I said week two was very busy for me, not only because of the amount of players we had throughout the week, but all week long I had to plan for our Invitaional tournament for Memorial Day Weekend.The Pines Invitational tournament is our biggest tournament of the year. While planning for this tournament, I contacted all of our sponsors from previous years to see if they would like to sponsor again, also I created the order of play of the tournament, and last but not least I registered all of the participants for the tournament. We had a toatl of fifty-eight golfers this year. It was not what we expected, but because of the economy, we could not expect to have a big turn out like we have had in our past tournaments. Going in to the weekend, me and James felt like we had done a very good job in preparing for the tournament. All of the hard work was behind us, now all we had to do was to make sure everything went as planned. Overall week two was a great week. I really enjoy working at The Pines, even though it was a busy week i really feel comfortable with my job. James has been a big help in teaching me effective and efficient ways to manage a golf course. I am learning more and more on how to manage a successful business, as well as how to satisfy costumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment