Tuesday, June 7, 2011

week 2-austin tronzo-nccc

This week started off a little hectic. I came into the clinic and the main receptionist had gotten another job with a doctor’s office. She ended up telling us Wednesday was going to be her last day so I was trained on every aspect of her job. This included learning how to decipher doctor’s notes and calling in prescriptions for patients. Also the clinic is a free clinic for uninsured, working residents in the Nelson County area, so I needed to be briefed on how to do an evaluation scan on new patients. This consists of learning if they are working, having them bring in their 1040’s, proof of residency and proof of job. The clinic has had many frauds when it comes to this, so they wanted to train me well and teach me not to just let anyone in; there are precautions that needed to be handled before even establishing an appointment.
After learning all of the main points of Candi’s job I then had to show her what all I had learned. I sat with her at the front desk and she helped me for the next few days get to know the ‘system’ that the clinic had established. While working with Candi at the front desk, I also had to continue to work on the 5K. This week was designated to getting volunteers, asking companies to donate goodie bag items for all the runners and for the winners, and contacting a physical therapist to set up a stretching station. I was recommended on from last year, but she had moved out of state. I then started calling around and contacted Angie Taylor to volunteer for the position.
Next I was to secure a live band to play for the racers an hour before the race started and after the race had finished. I had called several local bands, but none of which wanted to volunteer their time for the race. A local band, Top Shelf, ended up agreeing to volunteer at the race. They are very well known within the community and have a good reputation for producing a good show for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment